VTech Touch and Swipe Baby Phone Review (With Video)
If you have a small child, you know the fascination with phones begins early. Before a child speaks their first word, they’re usually interested in the tool attached to your hand the majority of the day. While you want to make your child happy, handing over your expensive smartphone might not be the best choice when it comes to childhood toys. But you do have another option. VTech, the maker behind some of your favorite toys (like the VTech Sit-to-Stand Walker and VTech Rhyme and Discover Book), has developed the VTech Touch and Swipe Baby Phone. It’s a fun baby-proof phone that’s full of educational and engaging features.
Does My Baby Need A Play Phone?
Thanks to VTech, your baby can now have their own phone to play with, keeping everyone happy and safe. But if you’re not sure if a baby smartphone is a right choice for your child, remember all the reasons why you shouldn’t give your child your real phone to play with.
- A baby or small child can easily break a smartphone, costing you plenty more than a play phone
- Your child might accidentally call or text contacts, or even worse, purchase apps or other items if your phone is setup with automatic payments
- You won’t have your phone if you need it, and if you do take it, tantrums are sure to erupt
- According to PhoneSoap.com, cell phones have 18 times more bacteria than a public restroom
Having a safe alternative for those times when your baby seems infatuated with your phone is a great idea. It keeps your phone safe, prevents accidental calls and purchases, and keeps millions of germs out of your baby’s mouth since you can easily disinfect a play phone’s surface.
But I Don’t Want to Ignore My Child
Talking on the phone is one of the first pretend game parents play with their kids. It’s easy and exciting for children as they try to imitate their parents talking into the telephone. A simple hello is usually enough to light up a child’s face in the midst of its worst bout of crying. (Just try it if you haven’t done so already.)
The VTech Touch and Swipe Baby Phone is an excellent toy telephone for your little one. Possibly the first gadget it’s going to lay its hands on, this baby phone is a perfect tool to keep your child happily engaged. And it’s a healthy kind of engagement. You child will learn many new things as they play.
Don’t think of purchasing a play phone as a form of child abandonment. You can still be the involved parent you want to be while exposing your child to an engaging way of learning. While many parents fear that today’s toys are ruining the parent and child bond, The VTech Touch and Swipe Baby Phone gives you the opportunity to entertain your child when you need a second to gather your thoughts but can also serve as a unique learning tool that you can use to spark their imagination and encourage development.
Vtech touch and swipe baby phone Video
See for yourself everything that this neat baby phone does. It’s more than just a phone-shaped piece of plastic. It’s packed with fun learning features that are sure to entertain both you and your baby.
Features of the VTech Touch and Swipe Baby Phone
In some ways, a baby telephone needs to have even more features than a regular phone as it’s not just a fun toy for a child but also an educational one. VTech has incorporated several distinctively interesting features in its Touch and Swipe Baby Phone to address your baby’s dual need of fun and learning.
- Touch screen with 12 pretend apps that respond to touch and also light up
- Calendar, clock and weather apps to keep a child busy in the process of learning
- Slide button at the bottom for easy toggling between app screen and music mode
- You can save your house number on the home button for pretend calls to home
- Educational features in the form of songs and phrases to teach numbers, alphabets and basic words
Pros of vtech touch and swipe baby phone
- Auto shut-off and inclusive batteries
- Realistic design and smart features to match real smartphones
- Easy and convenient use, even for a toddler
- Vivid colors and touchscreen to keep children absorbed
- Role-play phrases and vocabulary built into the apps
- 15 playful melodies for the child to sing along to
Cons of vtech touch and swipe baby phone
- Touch screen is not moisture-proof or droop-proof, so extra care may be required when your child is teething
- Battery life is poor if used frequently. Therefore, your batteries need to be replaced more often
Final Verdict on the vtech touch and swipe baby phone
With the VTech Touch and Swipe Baby Phone, your little one (6 months to 3 years) can spend the day pretending to call home or checking the weather. Your child will playfully use the mock calendar to organize its schedules (feedings and diaper changes?), just the way you organize yours. The sliding screen helps move between the learning and music (fun) modes with ease. Your baby will quickly learn how to navigate the play phone, letting you sit back and watch your baby learn.
This phone is a great way to improving your child’s hand-eye coordination and motor skills as well. Your child will enjoy learning the alphabet and numbers for the first time, and you can help guide their learning experience with ease.
Are There Any Other Options besides the vtech touch and swipe baby phone?
Even with the excellent reviews of VTech products, it would be a good idea to check out some other toy phones; this will leave you confident in your decision.
Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Remote and Smiling Smartphone Bundle also comes with a host of attractive `laugh & learn’ features to catch your baby’s interest. Your child will easily learn numbers and colors through this option.
The Yoyostore Y-phone Kids Children Baby Learning Toy Mobile Y-Phone is another option. You can charge it with a computer through a micro USB cable, which might be appealing to many. Compare these two options with the VTech before finalizing your choice. But once you see how interactive and entertaining the VTech Touch and Swipe Baby Phone is, you’re sure to realize it’s the best option for you and your baby.
In conclusion, the reliable and durable VTech touch and swipe phone is better than many other kinds of toys for your little one.
The VTech Touch and Swipe Baby Phone works as an excellent way to keep your child occupied. The child will be initiated into the education process at the same time because of its multi-functional approach to fun and learning. You’ll love the time spent with the VTech Touch and Swipe Baby Phone.