VTech Rhyme and Discover Book Review
While toys do a lot to facilitate a child’s learning process, books still remain the preferred choice for most parents as they get ready to take their baby’s education to the next stage. Hence, given the critical role that books play in the development of a child, you wouldn’t want anything but the best for your little one. And the best would naturally come with a stamp of excellence.
Benefits of Reading to Your Child
There’s no doubt that introducing your child to reading is best done sooner than later. Even if you think your baby can’t follow along with the story, they’ll learn from your tone and follow along with large, colorful pictures. Take a look at some of the top benefits of reading to your child according to ReadToYourBody.com.
- Increases vocabulary and introduces new words
- Promotes listening skills
- Promotes longer attention spans and increases memory capabilities
- Stimulates senses and encourages imagination
- Instills desire to continue reading and loving books
According to KidsHealth.org, babies have learned every sound they need in order to speak their native language. Therefore, the more you read to your book, the better they will be able to talk once they start.
Reading also helps encourage social and emotional development. When you invite your baby to look at pictures and point and touch to what they see, you’re promoting thinking skills that will surely help speed up their educational development.
Even if your baby doesn’t understand the concept of reading yet, they’ll still benefit from your reading to them. If you’re looking for a new and exciting way to engage your baby during your reading sessions, the VTech Rhyme and Discover Book is an excellent option to consider.
Why Do Kids Need Nursery Rhymes?
It’s about more than just fun. Nursery rhymes help kids learn from reading and to love books. TheMeasuredMom.com gives us quite a few reasons as to why kids need nursery rhymes. Take a look.
- Nursery rhymes can build social skills and bring kids together who might otherwise not find common ground to bond over
- They can also help to build vocabulary by introducing words that aren’t always part of everyday language
- Nursery rhymes help to instill creativity by allowing children to create mental images in their heads, setting them up for longer books without pictures when they’re older
- Nursery rhymes can also help improve fine motor skills as many are associated with finger plays
- At the end of the day, nursery rhymes are simply a great way for your child to have fun and learn how words can fill them with creativity and an excellent vocabulary
VTech Rhyme and Discover Book Video
The VTech Rhyme carries with it the mark of quality that all VTech products come with.
This interactive book is more than a learning tool. It’s a fun way to give your child an introduction to the learning process that will help them reach new milestones. More importantly, it’s a technology-led method that blends the traditional with the modern. Check out this video to learn exactly how the book works.
If you have a little one in your life, they’re sure to love everything this book has to offer. The stories are short enough to keep your baby engaged but yet the book has enough variety and features to keep your child busy for hours.
Features of the VTech Rhyme and Discover Book
When it comes to features, the VTech is a remarkable early learning tool, packed with plenty of bonuses.
- Variety of lights and sounds to stimulate thinking and keep your baby interested
- Contains open-ended questions to inspire learning and start conversations
- Pages have tabs with 3 light-up character buttons to guide the child that are absolutely adorable
- 6 colorful pages with 6 popular nursery rhymes and 4 movable pieces for plenty of variety
- Music button with a variety of over 20 catchy songs, sounds, and phrases to introduce your baby to new words and sayings
Pros of the VTech Rhyme and Discover Book
- Interactive and safe (made of BPA-free plastic); suitable for kids ages 6 months to 3 years
- Durable enough to keep up with your child and any abuse it might take
- Easy-to-flip pages, with colorful illustrations that make it visually appealing and engaging
- Easy to clean; pages and buttons can simply be wiped clean without hassle so there’s no need to worry about small hands and mouths touching the book
- Long-lasting batteries that keep reading time going
- Sounds are installed to match the animals in the book, thereby facilitating the learning process
Cons of the VTech Rhyme and Discover Book
- On-off switch comes with only 2 volume switches, with the louder option being excessively loud for young ears and a bit annoying for adults
- Some of the tracks do not sing the complete song lyrics
- Somewhat complex features for little children; a lot of different features packed into a little book
Final Verdict on vtech rhyme and discover book
This inexpensive book is great to keep your child engaged as it learns about animals through a variety of rhymes and stories. You’ll also revel in your child’s pleasure as it sings along. Songs include `Twinkle Twinkle Little Star’, `Mary Had a Little Lamb’, `Little Bo Peep’ and more.
Movable characters that make noises and light up add to the appeal of this interesting book. From the unique texture to the visual appeal, the book has everything that your child’s going to need in its initial years of learning. Wading through the pages of this book is easy and keeping it clean even more so.
Are There Other Options?
For the sake of comparison, it may be a good idea to check out the Fisher Price Laugh Learn Storybook Rhymes. The light-up hands, which point the way for the baby to turn the pages and learn a whole lot of numbers, colors, alphabets and even words, are an interesting feature of this book.
There’s also the option of Do-A-Dot Creative Activity Color Me Nursery Rhymes Art Book for those who like to blend art with rhymes, but it comes with small parts so it is not suitable for children under 3 years of age.
The VTech Rhyme and Discover Book has everything you could want in an interactive book and more. With its compact design, bright and engaging colors, and perfect selection or classic nursery rhymes, it’s sure to come out on top when searching for the perfect book for your little one.
Conclusion on the VTech Rhyme and Discover Book
Those old nursery rhymes that we’ve all grown up on do leave us with a sense of nostalgia and they will never go out of fashion. The VTech Rhyme and Discover Book has successfully aligned the stories and nursery rhymes of the bygone era to the taste of today’s tech-savvy children.
The lights and the sounds that the book comes with make it a great modern learning tool which your child is simply going to love. And looking beyond, maybe you’ll live to see the legacy pass on to your grandchildren.
Nothing will ever beat the pleasure that comes from reading a traditional book. But why not take advantage of today’s technology and help make baby’s first book a more engaging experience? You’re sure to grab their attention with the VTech Rhyme and Discover Book and instill the love of books in them for years to come.
If your children are past the appropriate age for this fun book, it makes a great baby shower or first birthday gift. You’re sure to be the hero when you introduce reading and development into the life of a little one. And if you’re impressed with VTech products, you can also consider the VTech Touch and Swipe Baby Phone and the VTech Sit-To-Stand Learning Walker.