The Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Story Book Rhymes is a colorful and engaging musical toy. It provides a fun introduction for your baby or toddler to the basics of letters, numbers, and shapes. Songs and rhymes are brought to life by the popular Fisher Price Laugh and Learn characters. Your child will light up as they work their way through this little interactive book.
The Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Story Book Rhymes is full of fun and learning for babies and toddlers ages 6 months to 3 years. Sit down and read with your baby as you begin their learning journey together. It would also make the perfect gift for a toddler expecting a new sibling, as it can be played with independently while a new baby is being tended to.
Why Do Kids Need Nursery Rhymes?
It’s about more than just fun. Nursery rhymes help kids learn from reading and to love books. TheMeasuredMom.com gives us quite a few reasons as to why kids need nursery rhymes. Take a look.
- Nursery rhymes can build social skills and bring kids together who might otherwise not find common ground to bond over
- They can also help to build vocabulary by introducing words that aren’t always part of everyday language
- Nursery rhymes help to instill creativity by allowing children to create mental images in their heads, setting them up for longer books without pictures when they’re older
- Nursery rhymes can also help improve fine motor skills as many are associated with finger plays
- At the end of the day, nursery rhymes are simply a great way for your child to have fun and learn how words can fill them with creativity and an excellent vocabulary
Books in general are great for kids as they learn and develop. But nursery rhymes introduce an entirely different structure and experience for young readers.
Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Story Book Rhymes Video
Want to see this book up close and personal? Check out this video which gives you a brief introduction on the features and fun traits of this toy.
The Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Story Book Rhymes is so much more than a book. It will provide your child with hours of entertainment and introduce them to the fun of reading.
Features of the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Story Book Rhymes
It’s a toy packed with fun and learning features to keep your active toddler busy or spark the interest of your growing baby.
- Each page is filled with colorful pictures and text to accompany the sing-a-long songs and rhymes included. Features “Itsy Bitsy Spider”, “Row, Row, Row your Boat”, “One, Two Buckle my Shoe”, “Animal Fair”, “Patty-cake” and “Hickory Dickory Dock”.
- An additional 3 bright and engaging light up buttons can be found down the side. Each one shares valuable learning content for a first introduction to ABC’s, 123’s, shapes and numbers.
- Complete with a handy carry along handle so that you can bring it out and about with you.
- A strong and durable toy that doesn’t eat batteries too quickly.
- Turning the pages is a great way to start working on those all important fine motor skills.
- Promotes independent play in toddlers as it has just enough features to keep them busy whilst you feed a new baby or start preparing dinner.
- Pleasant sing-a-long voices which strike a good balance in being soothing for kids and not too annoying for adults.
- When the carry handle is being used, the pages of the book cannot be locked into place. Therefore, excessive carrying may lead to loosened pages.
- With only 3 pages included, newer models would benefit with a few more pages.
- It can be hard to keep up with the speed at which some of the songs are sung.
The Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Story Book Rhymes is a well priced toy that grows with your baby into toddler-hood. It has enough strength and durability to be passed on to new siblings in the future, making it a great investment toy.
The tone and length of the songs are perfect. They hit just the right balance of being pleasant enough for both children and adults to enjoy. This is a unique feature compared to other similar products on the market. Plus you are safe in the knowledge that is has been made by a well known and popular brand of learning toys for babies and toddlers.
Are There Any Other Options?
If you’re interested in a nursery rhyme book but aren’t sure which is the best, spend a little time checking out similar versions. One to take a look at is the Vtech Rhyme and Discover Book. It’s another popular musical toy but with even more pages and features than the Fisher Price version.
Another good alternative is the Do-A-Dot Creative Activity Color Me Nursery Rhymes Art Book. It’s made for those who like to blend art with rhymes. But because it comes with small parts, it’s not suitable for children under 3 years of age.
The Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Story Book Rhymes is the perfect combination of everyone’s most cherished rhymes and the technology that helps kids get excited about learning. If you’re looking for an affordable and durable technology-driven nursery rhyme book, this is the perfect option for you.
In conclusion, this unique book is a great mix of classic songs and nursery rhymes. It also features engaging modern technology which children of today thrive upon. It’s an ideal first learning tool for your growing baby and toddler to enjoy.
It’s also an excellent investment toy, similar to the VTech Touch and Swipe Baby Phone. It can be used over and over again, and by multiple children. If you’ve been searching for that perfect gift, either for your own child or a friend’s child, the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Story Book Rhymes toy is the perfect choice.
Nursery rhymes never go out of style. This nursery rhyme book is timeless, affordable, and an ideal way to instill the love of reading in any child.