You've bought a set of building blocks for your child to play and learn with, but how do you make sure you are using them to their full potential? Below you will find over 25 fun activities to get you started.
Hands on Math Activities
- Take photographs of simple patterns using your Duplo bricks for your toddler to copy.
- Sort colors, shapes and numbers when you play this fun Feed the Duplo Alien Game.
- Print out this free grid and enjoy teaching your preschooler how to play DUPLO Tic Tac Toe.
- Hide your Duplo bricks around the room and then send your Preschooler off to find them and match them up to the correct color on a parachute.
- Make a Duplo Rainbow.
- Turn them into a fun hands on learning challenge when you play this Roll a Duplo Tower Game.
- These Foam Block Counting Cards are the perfect way to introduce counting to toddlers and preschoolers.
- Shark Roll and Cover is a fun game to play and work on counting with your preschooler.
- All aboard the Pattern Block Train and learn about shapes and patterns.
Simple Engineering Projects
- Build a Maze with blocks for your Hexbug to zoom around.
- Turn your Mega Bloks into simple puzzles. Why not have a go at building these Famous Monuments or add on these colorful Spring Printables.
- Pair up your wooden building blocks with these STEM challenge cards.
- More STEM Challenges here this time for your Pattern Blocks.
- Build problem solving skills when you use these fun shape printables with you Magna Tiles.
- Invite your kids to build a really tall tower with bricks.
- Throw your Mega Bloks along with some tissue paper pom poms to create a simple sensory building activity for babies and toddlers.
- Add a messy play element to your block play and these Build Castles in the Clouds with shaving foam cement.
- Here's a quick and easy Sensory Bag using Pattern Blocks and Hair Gel.
- Load a tub with Shaving Foam and Blocks are you onto a winner.
- Add some paint to your play and enjoy this Duplo Block Painting process art activity.
- Use your Foam Blocks in this fun Process Art Exploration.
- Have a go at building these Duplo Animals to play with in a small world set up.
- Turn your Magna Tiles into an awesome Small World Adventure.
- Blend Science with Imaginative Play when you build a Duplo Castle and explore the science of making clouds.
- You can even use them to help Teach the Alphabet.
- Build language skills as your talk and play with Magna Tiles and balls.
- Use these printables to build the alphabet using your Magna Tiles.
We'd love to hear your ideas for brilliant building block activities below in the comments or why not share a photo over on our Facebook page?
PIN IT FOR LATER
You might also like to read The Educational Benefits of Playing with Building Blocks